Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Writer's block.

I used to be able to write so many things, but now it seems that I'm suffering what we call a writer's block. It saddens me at times, not because I was that good at writing, but because I can no longer write to my heart's content and that's something that I had feared the most. For all my life, writing has been the only form of release that I have, and to suffer this writer's block is scary as hell.

Yes, I know I can type out stuff like this, but even typing this out feels hard and wrong in a way. There is a reason why I always have a pen with me, and that is because of one event that happened in the past. I had such deep passion of reading and writing, that I wanted to pursue in journalism before, but that didn't happen, and lo and behold, I am a psychology student now. For who knows why, only God knows, then.

If there's anything anyone must know about me, then there's this : I always have a pen with me, and that pen will always be by my side. There's comfort in doing that, and I had had that habit ever since I started writing a journal, which was like, I don't know... A decade ago or more? So, yeah, that is a habit that I inhabited since I was young. And now, as of right now, at this very second, I am completely dumbfounded by my inability to write any decent writings.

This December, I started my 30 letters writing challenge, which I thought of doing last month. But I only began to do it this month as I thought it would be a good way to end 2016. The only problem would be this situation. This writer's block agenda. Despite having a guideline, I still find it hard to write lately. With final exam's around the corner, it feels somewhat impossible to be able to write a decent piece of writing.

I guess I need to really focus on reading and writing again to be able to get rid of this writer's block. If not, then I'll be so damn stressed out because of it. Not being able to write or to lose ideas is something that pisses me off greatly. And there you go, ladies and gents.... I am done typing.

Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment