Saturday, September 3, 2016

End of orientation.

I had always dreamed of becoming a psychology student, and I lived that dream on the 28th of August 2016. A date I will now engrave on the back of my head for eternity, for on this very date, my journey towards my dream begins. I had never knew what it felt like to have something go according to plan, for I had stumbled across so many failures and change of plans.

My registration day was the most exciting day ever! Anxious as I was, it was still the most exciting day ever! I had never stepped into UKM before, and since I came from a remote college, my faculty awed me in ways I thought I could never awed. Reminds me of the time I went to IIUM for a program. There was even a faculty tour, and my sister was the most excited one of them all. (Yes, my sister is annoying that way, but a sister is a sister!)

To talk about the flow of my first day would take up one blogpost, so I'll just make it short; Summarize the whole week of orientation. I reside in Kolej Rahim Kajai. Funny how I am more attracted to this college residence than my previous college. I'm not saying that my previous college isn't fun, for it was fun, but there's something different from what I had experienced in the past week.

Speaking of experience, this week was by far the best orientation week I had ever attended. I wish I can repeat it, but I know I can't, so I won't ask for more. But instead, I now have this dream of being a part of the orientation committee. Reminds me of the times I became a part of my faculty's SRC. Ah, how time flies.

I find UKM's orientation week quite unique in a way. One, because I experienced this surge of courage to come forward and volunteer myself despite the anxiety. Two, because maybe I'm just still excited.

There's never really the exact way to describe such feelings like now.

Let's just hope I won't fall and not get up again. I need to stay strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment