Friday, October 7, 2016

A month (and more)

It has been a month or so of university life, and yes, it is very tiring. But what is life without a little fatigue?

I had been meaning to write for awhile now, but I haven't got the chance or time for it. I have a few moments to spare today, despite all the hubbubs and everything, so I thought why not write about it? To write is cliche for me, for I've been doing this for almost 9 years now, but I never commit to only having one blog. So yeah, hello, I'm not good with commitments.

So, how was university life?
To be honest, like I said, it really is tiring. Exhausting, both physically and mentally. But I'm not really complaining much about university life, because I know this is university life. Get what I mean? I don't expect university life to be idle anyway; I always expected it to be packed and busy, and I find it okay to be busy -- as long as I can keep up and not burnout.

A month in university made me rethink of my past choices and decisions. I could've taken English for a diploma or foundation, but I took counseling instead. And now, instead of applying for English Language Studies like I wanted, I took psychology instead. I do realize that I am throwing away my deep passion of English for psychology, but for a good cause. There are still times where I regret this choice, but my excitement and love towards psychology grows more each day and it diminishes my regret. (Well, sort of.)

But I am loving my university life at the moment, mainly because I am able to communicate using English freely and not be pestered for it like how it was during my diploma. Yes, I am a language enthusiast. I enjoy being able to commute via English rather than Malay. (People even call me 'penjajah bahasa' because of my bias of English!) But then, having grown up in a very English-spoken community, I find Malay to be difficult at times. I express myself better in English, thus the English blogs that I kept and maintained all these years.

I'm also not saying that Malay isn't a good language, it's just that I have problems with it. I enjoy all languages. Music to my ears.

So.. Anyway! I'm not going to ramble about languages today -- maybe some other time.
(Writing is addicting. I could write for ages, and never stop -- unless I'm out of ideas that is!)

Yeah, a month or so in a new university.
A month or so being a psychology major!
Who ever knew... Who just ever knew...
A month in university, and my schedule is packed with programs and assignments! And I thought my previous college was busy. I thought wrong; I'm busier here than I was then! But I'm fine with it. I kinda like it. 

Speaking of which, I also did something unthinkable. Something that I need to do.
I have my goals when entering this new university. And I wish and intend to keep my own promise and strive to achieve that goal. All I need is just constant motivation. I must strive. I must survive. I must learn. I must.

(Please do not believe the optimism in the above writings.)

No comments:

Post a Comment